Classes held on Saturdays from 9AM – 5:30PM
Driving is scheduled directly with your assigned instructor. Schedules vary per instructor
Our classroom instruction techniques include lectures, videos, games, and interactive discussions.
View Classroom Sylabus
- Safety: A Personal Focus
- Road Signs: Meaning, color, shapes, roadway markings.
- The Driving Task: responsibilities
- The Driving Task: Identify, Predict, Decide, Execute
- Controlling the Vehicle: Center of gravity, Friction and traction, Performing vehicle maneuvers, Intersections
- Road Signs Test – 25 items
- Alcohol and drugs while driving
- Distractions while driving
- Qualifications/requirements for a restricted license
- Review for the Knowledge Test
- Driving Knowledge Test – 32 Items
- Paperwork: license, permits, information card
- Online Documentation: DE-99 form
- Scheduling driving lessons
Behind the Wheel Syllabus
Six hours of behind the wheel education in our specially designed driver’s education vehicles.
View Behind the Wheel Syllabus
- Securing and Entering the Vehicle
- Parking Uphill/Downhill with/without a curb.
- Perpendicular and Angle Parking
- Parallel Parking
- No Parking Zones
- Visual Search: Looking ahead, to the sides, and rear.
- Vision Limitations: Blind spots, weather conditions.
- Adjusting to Roadway Conditions: Curves, slippery roads, water on the roadway.
- Adjusting to Traffic Conditions: Keeping pace with traffic, Entering into traffic flow, Exiting into traffic flow.
- Adjusting Speed
- Changing Lanes
- Managing Space: Space ahead, space behind, space to the side, space to merge, space to cross or enter, space to pass.
- Passing and when being Passed: Oncoming vehicles, hills and curves, intersections.
- Approaching, Driving through, Stopping at Intersections
- Communicating: Using headlights, horn, emergency signals; Signaling movements
- Handling Traction Technology
- Avoiding Collisions: Braking and steering quickly, dealing with skids.
- Driving Distractions: Cellphones, food, makeup, etc.
- Emergencies: brake, tire, power, accelerator failure.
- Sharing the Road: Pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcycles, slow moving vehicles, emergency, commercial, and public transportation.
- Adjusting to Driving Environments: Roundabouts, traffic circles, residential, school, and work zone, business area, city, rural, railroad, highway driving.
- Traffic and Police Stops
Classroom and behind the wheel instruction.
Training with experienced, certified professionals.
Certification to skip testing at the DMV.
Insurance discount eligibility.
Free snacks and lunch!
There are many complimentary benefits when you enroll with BuckleUp School